A study of the book of Luke, chapter nineteen verse eleven through forty was recorded November 3, 2019 with Pastor Aaron Lapp.
Sermon Discussion Questions for Luke 19:11-40
1. Give an example of something you wanted so badly that you overlooked the facts that were
pointing in another direction.
2. What does it mean that the power is in the message itself rather than the messenger?
3. How is the servant with 10 minas rewarded?
4. Does being rewarded with more service sound like a reward to you? Why or why not?
5. Why did the third servant hide away his mina?
6. What are you afraid of when it comes to sharing the Gospel?
7. The master says to the third servant “out of your mouth I will judge you.” What does he mean by
8. God answers Job in a similar way in Job chapters 38-40. Take a look at these 3 chapters. Write
down some of the Lord’s rebukes that strike you.
9. What was Job’s response in Chapter 40:1-5 and then again in chapter 42.
10. What can cause you to become a dull tool in God’s hand?
11. What does it mean when Jesus says even the rocks will cry out?
12. Read Psalm 19:1 – how is this the same?
13. Important: Through this study, what is the Holy Spirit challenging you to do this week? How do you need to obey this?