A study of the book of Luke, chapter nineteen verse twenty-nine through forty-eight was recorded November 10, 2019 with Pastor Aaron Lapp.
Sermon Discussion Questions for Luke 19:29-48
1. How often do you find yourself having to “set God straight” rather than going where He says to go, doing what He says to do and saying what He says to say?
2. How are you more stubborn than a donkey when it comes to being obedient to Jesus?
3. What are you holding back, unwilling to lay at the feet of Jesus? (I know this question has come up more than once in the last several weeks but it is a very important question that God wants us all to wrestle with.)
4. How was Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem different than that of other kings and conquerors?
What was similar about it? (There are a number of answers for both parts.)
5. Read Psalm 118.
-Write out the prophecy (verse 22)
-The praise (verse 26)
-And the exhortation (verse 24)
6. How do you look at verse 24 differently after we discussed the context on Sunday?
7. Jesus said that even the rocks would cry out and proclaim His majesty if his disciples would not. What other examples do you find in the Bible of his creation declaring His holiness?
8. With all the praise from the crowds, why was Jesus weeping over Jerusalem?
9. Being completely honest with yourself, how many times has Jesus needed to clean out your temple of the deceit and corruption you have let creep in?
10. What can you do to prevent it from happening again?
11. Jesus showed that He was in complete control, even orchestrating the time of his ultimate arrest and death, contrary to the Pharisees’ plan. In what area of your life have you NOT embraced this understanding of Jesus being in control contrary to your plan?
12. Important: Through this study, what is the Holy Spirit challenging you to do this week? How do you need to obey this?