A study of the book of Luke, chapter twenty-four verse thirty-seven through verse fifty-three was recorded January 12, 2020 with Pastor Aaron Lapp.
Sermon Discussion Questions for Luke 24:37-53
- The two men on the road to Emmaus were just two ordinary followers of Jesus. What does an “ordinary follower of Jesus” look like?
- Cleopas and the other guy were sad because they were not living in the reality of the resurrected Jesus. How should living in the reality of a resurrected Jesus change your everyday life?
- While they were walking and talking, Jesus showed up in their midst. How does Jesus show up in your conversations?
- Their heads were full of information about the resurrected Jesus but their hearts were unable to believe. How far apart is your heart from your head (and not geographically)?
- When Jesus appeared in the locked room with the disciples, He told them to “handle” him to help them believe. What happens in your devotion to Christ when you take the time to handle the reality of His death and resurrection? How does this relate to our practice of communion?
- Luke 24:41 says they did “not believe for joy”. When was a time in your life that something wonderful happened and you couldn’t believe for joy, or in today’s words, couldn’t believe because it was too good to be true?
- Share about a time when you knew the Holy Spirit empowered you to do something you would never have been able to do on your own.
- Why do you think Jesus wants to spend time with you? Why do you think Jesus wants you to help him in His work of redemption?
- In what ways do you wait for the Lord? What do you do or not do?
- How have you been changed by Jesus this past year?
Important: Through this study, what is the Holy Spirit challenging you to do this week? How do you need to obey this?