A study of the book of Luke, chapter seventeen was recorded October 13, 2019 with Pastor Aaron Lapp.
Sermon Discussion Questions for Luke 17
- When you are caught in a snare or when you stumble, how do you usually respond?
- What do you think is the difference between a stumble and a fall?
- According to verse 3, why is it important to “take heed” as it relates to rebuking and forgiving?
- Do you have a tendency to lean towards rebuking or forgiving during conflict? How has that changed over the years or how can you make that change?
- Who in your life do you need to forgive, regardless of how many times they have offended you?
- What is faith anyway?
- How is faith and obedience connected according to Hebrews 11? How does it work itself out in your life?
- Have you ever struggled with not being recognized for the work you have done for God? According to verses 7-10, what perspective should we have?
- Share about a time when God didn’t start to heal an area in your life until you started to walk in obedience.
- God talks about obeying in 1Samuel 15:22-23. What are some other Scriptures about obeying?
- How do you understand the Kingdom of God. Does Luke 17:21 help? Where else in the Bible can we learn about the Kingdom?
- Draw a picture of what the flag you are flying looks like; be honest, God already knows.
- Important: Through this study, what is the Holy Spirit challenging you to do this week? How do you need to obey this?