A study of the book of Luke, chapter twenty-three verse twenty-seven through verse fifty-six was recorded December 29, 2019 with Pastor Aaron Lapp.
Sermon Discussion Questions for Luke 23:27-56
- Jesus asked “if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?” meaning if the leaders act this treacherously when things are ok, how much worse will they be when things are hard. How are you different when your life gets stressful or hard?
- Jesus was crucified between two thieves, one on his left and one on his right. What significance can you draw from that?
- How many times, from the time Jesus was arrested in the garden to his death, can you point to where He was still in control? (No fair just saying all the time. Be specific.)
- It is said that withholding forgiveness is like you drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. How quickly do you forgive those who have hurt or offended you? Are you able to forgive someone even before they ask?
- One thief continued to mock Jesus even as he was dying, the other had a change of heart and repented. What do you think makes one person turn and repent and another continue to reject?
- What was it that caused you to have a change of heart and repent?
- Read Exodus 26:31-33. What was the purpose of the Temple veil?
- Why did God tear the temple veil at this specific moment of the crucifixion?
- Joseph and Nicodemus were willing to risk losing all they had in order to be associated with Jesus. What are you afraid of losing if you opening associate with Jesus?
- Important: Through this study, what is the Holy Spirit challenging you to do this week? How do you need to obey this?