A study of the book of Luke, chapter twenty-four verse one through verse thirty-six was recorded January 5, 2020 with Pastor Aaron Lapp.
Sermon Discussion Questions for Luke 24:1-36
1. What are a few Bible verses that bring you joy or encouragement?
2. The women who came to the tomb were expecting to find the dead body of Jesus but He did more than they expected. In what ways are your expectations limiting your walk with Jesus?
3. The women were wondering who would roll away the stone from His tomb. But God already had the answer. What big stones are you facing right now in your life that you are trying to overcome on your own?
4. What would it take for you to let God handle it?
5. How are people seeking the living among the dead these days?
6. Has anyone ever made you feel like you were speaking nonsense when you shared the story of Jesus with them? How did that cause you to react?
7. Think of a time when Jesus was clearly doing something in your life but you just couldn’t see it? What do you think caused your “blindness”?
8. Has there been a time when you sensed that Jesus was urging you to talk to a stranger about Jesus but you just didn’t?
9. What was holding you back? What is the worst thing that would happened if you decided to talk with someone every time He urged you on?
10. If your heart has grown cold lately, what can you do to reignite the fire?
Important: Through this study, what is the Holy Spirit challenging you to do this week? How do you need to obey this?