A study of the book of Exodus two was recorded January 26, 2020 with Pastor Aaron Lapp.
Sermon Discussion Questions for Exodus 2
1. Jochobed saw baby Moses the way God saw him and it caused her to act in faith and obedience. In what ways does seeing people as God does change the way you interact with them?
2. In what ways was Moses’ ark the same as Noah’s?
3. When Pharaoh’s daughter saw baby Moses she had compassion on him. Tell of a time when someone had compassion on you.
4. What were the circumstances in a time that you realized what you thought was a coincidence was really God moving in your life?
5. Moses’ mother was asked by pharaoh’s daughter to nurse Moses and was paid to do it. Share a time that God gave you way more than you had hoped?
6. Moses’ name means “taken out”. What is the meaning of your name? Have you found this to be reflective of who you are or your circumstances?
7. How often do you find yourself looking left and right to see if anyone is watching what you are about to do? If no one is looking, do you do it?
8. What is your understanding of being supported by eagle’s wings? (Exodus 19:1-6)
9. When groaning in prayer, how has the Holy Spirit stepped in to help you? (Romans 8:25-28)
10. How intentional are you in prayer and Bible study? Is Bible study just when time permits and prayer only when needed? What can you do to change this?
Important: Through this study, what is the Holy Spirit challenging you to do this week? How do you need to obey this?