A study of the book of Exodus twenty-three was recorded June 28, 2020 with Pastor Aaron Lapp.
Sermon Discussion Questions for Exodus 23 Part Two
1. A pattern is described as designed elements or behaviors repeated in a predictable manner. How can this definition be applied to our discussion about integrity?
2. How do we know that restoration is important to God? Give three examples from the last few sermons:
3. Are there any relationships in your life that you sense God is calling you to restore?
4. Read Colossians 1:21 and Matthew 12:30. What does this tell you about “enemies”?
5. God told the Israelites to let their fields lay fallow every 7th year and He would bless them with an increase in the 6th year in order to provide for them. I am sure that was a very big deal, to decide to not harvest their field. What “big things” in your life are you struggling to follow God’s direction?
6. Read Isaiah 52:12. How does this verse apply to Exodus 23 and why should it comfort you as well?
7. In Exodus 23:28-30 God tells how He will drive the people out and yet lead His people in. What is the difference between driving a herd and leading a flock?
8. In what ways has the world snared you in one or more of its traps?
9. How did you recognize that you were in a trap? And how has God helped you or is helping you to get free?
10. Important: Through this study, what is the Holy Spirit challenging you to do this week? How do you need to obey this?