A study of the book of Exodus twenty-eight was recorded July 26, 2020 with Pastor Aaron Lapp.
Sermon Discussion Questions for Exodus 28
1. God gave many people gifts and special skills to be used for the glory of His kingdom. What gifts has God given you and how are you using them for Him? (Hint: not all gifts are obvious).
2. The High Priest bore the names of all the tribes of Israel on his shoulders and over his heart out of duty. In contrast, Jesus bore us all on his shoulders because we were close to His heart. Who do you bear on your shoulders? Is it out of duty or are they close to your heart?
3. The High Priest’s “golden garments” as described in chapter 28 were to be made for glory and for beauty and out of the same materials that made up the inside of the tabernacle. Why did God tell Moses to use the same materials, gold, blue, purple and scarlet?
4. To this day we do not know exactly what the Urim and Thummim were, other than they were a way to discern God’s will in any circumstance. Why do you think God would provide us with such exacting details for the High Priest’s garments but not the Urim and Thummim?
5. What do we have now to help us discern the will of God in any circumstance?
6. The High Priest was completely dressed in white linen from head to toe when he went to offer atonement for the people’s sins. What comparisons can you make between the High Priest on the day of Atonement and Jesus immediately after his crucifixion?
7. Pastor Aaron taught that the pomegranates and bells on the High Priest’s robe represented the reminder of sin and the call of the one who could atone for that sin. What else do you think the bells and pomegranates could represent?
8. Under the elaborate, beautifully crafted garments of the High Priest were the white linen robes of purity. What does that tell you about true beauty?
9. Important: Through this study, what is the Holy Spirit challenging you to do this week? How do you need to obey this?