A study of the book of Exodus three was recorded February 2, 2020 with Pastor Aaron Lapp.
Sermon Discussion Questions for Exodus 3
1. When Moses saw that the bush was on fire but not being consumed he chose to investigate further. That was when God spoke to him. Can you think of a time when God may have been trying to get your attention but you turned in the opposite direction?
2. Moses’ initial response to God’s calling was “Here I am”. When God calls to you, is your response the same or do you answer in another way? (ex. What do you want now God, just a minute, let me just finish this up first God.)
3. God commanded Moses to remove his sandals out of respect for who HE was. In what ways do you sometimes treat God with less than the respect HE is due? Why do you think you do that?
4. God also told Moses to remove his sandals so that there would be nothing separating him from God. What is there in your life that is separating you from God?
5. When God told Moses HE would send him to deliver HIS people out of Egypt, Moses asked God, “who am I that I should go to Pharaoh”. Moses believed he had to go and fulfill God’s command on his own. Share a time when you felt you were on your own.
6. Read Psalm 139:7-14. What was David’s response to feeling separated from God?
7. God’s response to Moses was “I will go with you”. In what areas of your life have you grasped this reality and in what areas are you still struggling?
8. Read Genesis 22:16 and Hebrews 6:13. By whom does God swear and why?
9. How is this reflected in his statement to Moses “I AM WHO I AM”?
10. In Hebrew I AM WHO I AM is translated “I shall become who I am becoming”. How would define that in your own words?
11. Why was it important for God to let Moses know that Pharaoh would not let the people go the first time Moses asked?
12. Name at least three examples from Exodus 1-3 where faithfulness to God was rewarded with HIS provision.
Important: Through this study, what is the Holy Spirit challenging you to do this week? How do you need to obey this?